- After the reception is over on Friday, walk from the hotel to Friday Cheers. A Richmond tradition with bands, beer and food! Only costs a few dollars to get in and is a great time! Schedule to be posted soon!
- Like craft beers? Richmond is becoming very well know for microbreweries and there are plenty of places to check out such as Hardywood, Capital Ale House, Commercial Taphouse & Grill, Southern Railway Taphouse, Garden Grove, Ardent, Triple Crossing, Strangeways, Isley and Legend Brewery.
- Try some of the best donuts in the USA from Sugar Shack! They were just voted one of the 10 Best Donut Shops In USA! Try their Maple Bacon, you won’t be disappointed!
- Like roller coasters? One of the best in the world, Intimidator 305, is at King’s Dominion & only 25 minutes away! Busch Gardens and Williamsburg is only 1 hour from Richmond.
- Like the outdoors? Check out Maymount or Lewis Ginter Gardens. Walk around Belle Island.
- Want to walk around and explore more than 300 local shops? Check out Carytown.
- Like guns? Colonial Shooting Academy is the largest indoor shooting range in the United States!
- Like squirrels? Like baseball? Check out a Richmond Flying Squirrels when they are in town.
- Visit the Edgar Allan Poe Museum on 1914-16 E Main St, Richmond, VA 23223. Illustrations of the famous poem “The Raven” and numerous other artifacts surrounding the life of this great American author, the father of the psychological horror story, are housed in a series of buildings, including Richmond’s oldest.
- The Virginia Museum of Fine Arts has multiple permanent exhibitions as well as several traveling shows.
- One of America’s most beautiful boulevards, tree-lined Monument Avenue is the only street in the United States that is a National Historic Landmark.
- Hollywood Cemetery is a tranquil cemetery, perched above the James River rapids, and contains the grave sites of two US presidents (James Monroe and John Tyler), the only Confederate president (Jefferson Davis) and 18,000 Confederate soldiers. Free walking tours are given at 10am, Monday through Saturday.
- The Richmond region has more Civil War & Emancipation sites than anywhere else in the nation if you want to visit some battle fields!
- Check out the cobblestone streets and alleyways called Shockoe Slip for drinking and food!
- Richmond has two outdoor malls if you want to shop! Short Pump Town Center and Stony Point Fashion Park.
- Check out the fan!
There is plenty more to do in Richmond!
RVAsec Announce Signup