RVAsec is the first Richmond, Virginia, security convention to bring top speakers to the mid-atlantic region. The conference will be held on Thursday, June 7th and Friday June 8th at the Commonwealth Ballroom at VCU’s University Commons. There will be no training classes this year.
What to expect at RVAsec:
- Awesome keynotes by Katie Moussouris and Josh Corman.
- Great speakers with great topics! Including our mobile schedule sponsored by Strategic Technology.
- Breakfast, lunch, coffee & snack breaks sponsored by ExtraHop and CyberArk
- Amazing badge from Hack.RVA (if you registered in time! ie: you don’t have a late ticket) sponsored by Okta.
- RVAsec bag sponsored by Fortinet stuffed with great swag!
- Capture The Flag sponsored by CrowdStrike
- RVAsec t-shirt with sweet new logo
- Post-con reception with adult beverages (and more food) on Friday sponsored by sponsored by Cisco Security
- After party on Thursday location at The Circuit sponsored by Risk Based Security and GuidePoint Security (make sure you register!)
- Awesome dinner and brewery tour for our speakers sponsored by InfraNet
- RVAsec Expo with 38 vendors exhibiting and supporting our community
- Wifi Sponsored by ISACA Virginia Chapter
- Passport for prizes with tons of great items
- Two “Mystery Bags” provided by RVAsec
- Amazon Echo provided by Focal Point
- Nest Outdoor Security Camera provided by Trend Micro
- $100 Amazon Gift Card provided by Synopsys
- Logitech Keyboard for tablets and phones provided by Impact Makers
- Samsung Gear Virtual Reality Headset with Controller provided by Assura
- Amazon gift card provided by Black Hills Infosec
- $100 Amazon Gift Card provided by Fortinet
- $100 Amex Gift Card provided by Sycom Tech
- $100 Amazon Gift Card provided by Risk Based Security
- Amazon Echo provided by Qualys
- $150 Gift Card provided by Malwarebytes
- Amazon Ring Doorbell provided by Aruba
- Firestick provided by Palo Alto
- $100 Visa Card provided by SLAit Consulting
- Spider Gift Pack provided by University of Richmond
- $100 Amazon Gift Card provided by Tenable
- $100 Gift Card provided by Optiv
- Drone provided by Rapid7
- Amazon Echo Spot provided by Netskope
- Large Drone provided by Networking Technologies
- Google Home provided by Digital Shadows
- Sennheiser PC 360 Special Edition Gaming Headset provided by Vaco Richmond
- Pressurized Growler for Craft Beer provided by Synack
- Whiskey Box and Glasses provided by Duo Security
- Beats by Dr. Dre pill+ portable wireless speaker provided by Advanced Network Systems
- $100 Amex Gift Card provided by Checkpoint
- Drone provided by Infranet
- $100 Amex Gift Card provided by Cisco
- $100 Amazon Gift Card provided by ExtraHop
- Echo 2nd Gen provided by CyberArk
Details for RVAsec:
Virginia Commonwealth University Campus
University Student Commons, 2nd floor
907 Floyd Avenue, Richmond, VA 23284
Main Street Parking Deck
801 West Main Street, Richmond, VA 23284
Parking: Parking will be available in the Main Street Parking Deck (across from The Altria Theater–can also enter via Cherry Street). Enter via the attendant gate, and if you see the “lot full” sign explain that you are here for RVAsec and that spaces have been reserved. Take a ticket–an exit pass will be given to you at registration. Overflow parking is at the Broad St or Cary St parking decks.
Walking To Student Commons from Main Street Parking Deck: If entering from Main Street, walk through the deck and exit out of the Cherry Street side. Turn right onto Cherry Street & go to the corner/stoplight–the Student Commons is diagonal across this intersection (directly behind The Altria Theater). Cross the street and enter via the back entrance, then proceed straight past the food court (on right) and take stairs/elevator to 2nd floor, turn right & through double-doors. If entering through main door of Student Commons, proceed upstairs to registration.
Map centered on parking deck & Student Commons: https://maps.google.com/maps?ll=37.546076,-77.45268&spn=0.004006,0.005579&t=h&z=18&lci=weather
The conference is two full days, which includes breakfast & lunch, breaks and after event activities. Breakfast and check-in start at 8 AM with the first talks at 9 AM each day.
– Parking deck and the building both open at 7:30 AM
– VCU guest Wifi will be available