RVAsec is the first Richmond, Virginia, security convention to bring top speakers to the mid-atlantic region. The conference will be held on Thursday, June 8th and Friday June 9th at the Commonwealth Ballroom at VCU’s University Commons. There will be no training classes this year.
What to expect at RVAsec:
- Awesome keynotes by Mikko Hypponen, Ron Gula and Virginia Governor McAuliffe.
- Great speakers with great topics!
- Breakfast, lunch, coffee & snack breaks sponsored by f5 Networks and FireEye.
- Amazing badge from Hack.RVA (if you registered in time! ie: you don’t have a late ticket) sponsored by Capital One.
- RVAsec bag stuffed with swag
- Capture The Flag sponsored by Rapid7
- RVAsec t-shirt with sweet new logo
- Post-con reception with adult beverages (and more food) on Friday sponsored by Sophos
- Passport for prizes with tons of great items!
- After party on Thursday location TBD.
Details for RVAsec:
Virginia Commonwealth University Campus
University Student Commons, 2nd floor
907 Floyd Avenue, Richmond, VA 23284
Main Street Parking Deck
801 West Main Street, Richmond, VA 23284
Parking: Parking will be available in the Main Street Parking Deck (across from The Altria Theater–can also enter via Cherry Street). Enter via the attendant gate, and if you see the “lot full” sign explain that you are here for RVAsec and that spaces have been reserved. Take a ticket–an exit pass will be given to you at registration. Overflow parking is at the Broad St or Cary St parking decks.
Walking To Student Commons from Main Street Parking Deck: If entering from Main Street, walk through the deck and exit out of the Cherry Street side. Turn right onto Cherry Street & go to the corner/stoplight–the Student Commons is diagonal across this intersection (directly behind The Altria Theater). Cross the street and enter via the back entrance, then proceed straight past the food court (on right) and take stairs/elevator to 2nd floor, turn right & through double-doors. If entering through main door of Student Commons, proceed upstairs to registration.
Map centered on parking deck & Student Commons: https://maps.google.com/maps?ll=37.546076,-77.45268&spn=0.004006,0.005579&t=h&z=18&lci=weather
The conference is two full days, which includes breakfast & lunch, breaks and after event activities. Breakfast and check-in start at 8 AM with the first talks at 9 AM each day.
– Parking deck and the building both open at 7:30 AM
– VCU guest Wifi will be available