RVAsec 2013 Call for Papers is CLOSED!
CFP Submission Deadline: February 4th, 2013 at 11:59 PM Eastern
The CFP is closed. We hope to provide notice to all submissions by 3/17.
May 30 – June 1, 2013
Richmond, VA, on the Virginia Commonwealth University campus
RVAsec is a Richmond, VA based security convention that brings top industry speakers to the midatlantic region. In its first year, RVAsec 2012 attracted 175 security professionals from across the country. For 2013, the conference is expanding to a two day and dual-track format, with a mixed focus on technical and management/business presentations.
All talks must be 55 minutes in length, and submissions will need to select from one of two tracks:
The following types of presentations will not be accepted:
- Sales or marketing for companies or products
- CFP submissions from in-house or agency PR/marketing professionals
- Talks which do not offer new insight or perspective
RVAsec will hold no copyright on presentation content, but all speakers will be required to provide approval to post slides and video recordings of the talk on the RVAsec or other web sites.
- Free admission to RVAsec
- Invitation to the RVAsec speaker party
- RVAsec T-shirt, badge & attendee swag bag
- One 50% off pass for a friend or co-worker
- Fame and glory, internet style!
- Opportunity to be the recipient of the RVAsec “STFU” sign
RVAsec has a limited travel budget, but speakers who request travel
assistance may be eligible for:
- Travel allotment up to $300
- 3 nights hotel at the Crowne Plaza Richmond Downtown